The National Front for the Defence of the Constitution (FNDC) had called for a march to coincide with the funeral of 19-year-old Thierno Mamadou Diallo.
In a statement, the FNDC said its protest call had been suspended but called on the public to maintain pressure on the authorities "so that no citizen will ever again be killed with impunity."
The National Front for the Defense of the Constitution (FNDC) had called for a march to coincide with the funeral of 19-year-old Thierno Mamadou Diallo.
He was shot dead on June 1 during clashes between security forces and demonstrators protesting at rising fuel prices. Relatives say he was not involved in the demonstration.
Two of the victim's relatives told AFP on condition of anonymity that the burial, due to take place in the suburbs of the capital Conakry, had been postponed.
Diallo was one of the first Guineans to be killed during a protest since the military overthrew Conde last September.
His death revived memories of dozens of Guineans killed between 2019 and 2021 during demonstrations against Conde's plans for a third term.
Conakry's public prosecutor, Alphonse Charles Wright, said he would release the results of a probe into the death on Monday.
In an announcement on Sunday, he also cautioned people against exploiting the funeral to demonstrate, warning that authorities would crack down "in case of problems" during the march.
The FNDC said in a statement that it welcomed the public prosecutor's commitment to release the autopsy report and identify the culprits.